Network Communications Engineer
Our customer is a European organisation providing weather and climate-related satellite data, images and products for its users.
- Network solutions and services as part of a solutions portfolio;
- Deployment of network infrastructure and services;
- Network systems and services anomaly handling and troubleshooting;
- Coordinating third-party provided network services;
- Supervise Service Providers upon rollout of new or upgraded services;
- Operating, administrating and maintaining network services;
- Monitoring and reporting of the performance of the network infrastructure and the quality of the services delivered to the users;
- Network services management processes and documentation;
- Providing training on network design and operation.
Skills and experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline;
- Several years‘ professional experience in Network and Comms Engineering;
- Network requirements capture;
- Network design, implementation and support to operational networks;
- Network and system documentation;
- Certification in CISCO network solutions, operating systems;
- High- availability networks and systems;
- Tools for network monitoring (nagios, syslog-ng, snmp and MIB accesss);
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including MS-Visio;
- Ability to present - verbally and in writing - network solutions and systems;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.