Flight Dynamics Engineer
You will be part of for instance the Sentinels Flight Dynamics Team.
- Support the Flight Dynamics Operations within Sentinels team, routine and special operations including LEOP and de-orbiting;
- Sentinels Flight Dynamics software exploitation, operation and maintenance, including development of tools (e.g. scripts, etc) to operate such systems;
- Support to Sentinels launch campaigns (FD system tests, simulations) to prepare and validate operational support;
- On-call, and eventually call in, support to support potential collision avoidance manoeuvres
- Generic flight dynamics support to other Sentinels Ground segment systems and teams (FCT, SIM officer, ground stations, …)
Skills and experience
- University Degree or equivalent qualification;
- Background in mathematics, mechanics and dynamics;
- Ability to understand and accurately predict behavior of complex systems;
- Working in an operational environment especially with operational missions, orbit determination and control, including experience with Copernicus/Sentinel missions;
- Experience in Operational training;
- Experience with pre-launch activities and launch campaigns of satellites;
- Familiarity with programming/scripting languages (incl. FORTRAN);
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.