Data Processing Engineer
You will support operations related to Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) maintenance in the area of data processing systems from instrument source packet level through to level-2.
- Preparing and providing the support of the day to day operations and maintenance;
- Analysis and testing of the facilities (including the handling of anomalies);
- Anomaly investigation and resolution;
- Design of upgrades and enhancements;
- Act as focal point for integrating the individual software components into the related data processing systems;
- Setting-up and implementing maintenance policies and procedures as well as the co-ordination with external providers of maintenance services
- Development of system monitoring and performance evaluation tools.
Skills and experience
- University Degree in a related Subject;
- Maintenance and engineering of large scale software systems, in particular mission/instrument data processing related;
- Software development lifecycles;
- Software testing, unit test suite maintenance, automated testing, verification and validation;
- Software debugging and profiling, source code control systems;
- EO front-end processors and LO processing within a framework based solution;
- ESA generic Instrument Processing Facility (IPF) interface specification;
- Networking technologies and tools (e.g. CCSDS protocols, Space Data Link protocols, FTP, PGM, TCP/IP, UDP multicasting, and tools such as Wireshark);
- C/C++/Java programming language experience in a UNIX/Linux based environment;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.