Application & interview tips
Our vacancies are popular! It is important that you present your own skills and expertise the best you can. These tips help you to present yourself as a strong and serious candidate.
A job interview is your opportunity to shine!
Get your dream job like Nigel, Programme Coordinator for University Student Experiments at ESA.
- Keep it simple and current: your CV should not be longer than 2 to 3 pages. Update your CV before submitting. Make sure that your email address and telephone number are up to date and start with your most recent work experience.
- Put yourself in our shoes: show us that your skills and expertise match the ones requested.
- Make it easy to read: highlight the experience and skills that make you a strong candidate for the job and check for spelling and grammar.
Before the interview
- Prepare yourself: research the company and the job.
- Know yourself: make up your mind what you want to tell us about yourself.
- Inform yourself: prepare relevant questions to ask at interview.
During the interview
- Focus on your positive attributes and cover the gaps: make sure that you are familiar with your CV and able to answer detailed questions.
- Be difficult to refuse: show us your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, your flexibility and self-motivation.
- Ask questions: be proactive. Demonstrate your genuine interest.
After the interview
- Follow-up: whether it is a thank you note or questions you may still have.
- Lessons learned: create a list of items where you performed well or those where you would like to improve.
Look for your dream job!