Ground Segment System Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4767
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 31 May2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Ground Segment System Engineer to support Earth Observation missions for our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Ground Segment System Engineering team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribution to management and programmatic activities;
- Engineering activities for requirements definition/consolidation and early design phases;
- Engineering activities for detail design phases and build-up phases;
- Engineering activities for IV&V, including:
- o Definition of AIV plans and test scenarios, specifications and procedures;
- o Coordination and implementation of Integration activities;
- o Coordination and implementation of Verification activities;
- o Contribution to Validation activities;
- Participate in the system engineering processes for managing requirements through the lifecycle of ground segments, using formal methods and tools (e.g. DOORS) for maintenance, traceability, verification and validation of requirements;
- Contribute to the creation of System Engineering models of Ground Segment Systems using an MBSE approach (e.g. Enterprise Architect) and/or maintaining existing model baselines;
- Contribute to the analysis, investigations and resolution of system-level anomalies;
- Maintaining the relevant VCD and recording the results of the tests in DOORS.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in Systems Engineering and IV&V related activities for at least one major element of a ground segment for earth observation missions;
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards (i.e. ECSS);
- Strong background in the use of modelling and design tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. Vitech CORE, Enterprise Architect);
- Experience in change control procedures;
- Experience in writing technical requirements;
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Experience in interface management and definition, including familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition and capability to prepare and manage ICD;
- Experience with formal testing (FAT/OSAT), including preparation of test procedures, TRRs/TRBs;
- Experience in formal verification control processes (VCBs) and maintenance of VCDs;
- Experience in operational environments under strict configuration management rules;
- Experience in maintenance of ground system and associated anomaly management processes;
- Experience with Data Processing systems for earth observation missions;
- Experience with Satellite Mission Control systems for earth observation missions;
- Experience with Ground Stations and/or EUMETSAT Multi-Mission Elements for archiving, monitoring, data dissemination is an asset;
- Knowledge of scripting in Linux environment is an asset;
- Experience with ground segment test data, including reconditioning, change control, and related test tools is an asset;
- Knowledge of IT/ground segment technologies: relational databases, virtualisation, networking, SW deployment tools, etc. is an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt, Germany. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4767 before 31-May-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.