Telecommunication System Engineer (Data link layer)
- Reference NL-4139
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 31 August 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Telecommunication System Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Telecommunication Systems & Techniques Team at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
Specific engineering support to space projects in the following areas:
- Telecom network standards and protocols;
- SATCOM system and networks;
- Link layer computer simulations;
- Telecom networking security.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering;
- Experience with OSI layers 2 & 3 and Telecom Networking Security;
- Good knowledge of SATCOM systems;
- Very solid background on the Internet, secure IP and applications/networking technologies;
- Familiarity with modern communication system and sub-system simulation techniques, as a minimum Matlab and C/C++ programming languages;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter). If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Ms Natalia Grajek clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 12-Aug-19 quoting job NL-4139.