System Operations Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-5117
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 29 February 2024
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As a member of a team providing services to EUMETSAT, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Operations of systems including, but not limited to;
- System and Ground Segment Operations;
- Communications & Networks Operations;;
- System Monitoring and Reporting;;
- Operations Security;
- Operations Infrastructure;
- Operations Training;
- Multi-Mission Tools (such as mass storage and archiving).
- Implementation, verification and operational validation of new operational systems and elements, and their evolution;
- Contribution to the system operations preparation and verification/validation for new satellite systems;
- Provision of support to anomaly investigation;
- Preparation and maintenance of operations documentation;
- Training of operational personnel for system operations;
- Contribution to the definition, development and operational validation of operational concepts for future satellite systems;
- Contribution to the system verification and validation activities for future satellite systems, including formal system operational scenario validation, SSVTs, AIV, Commissioning and operations rehearsals.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in engineering or discipline relevant to the job profile, and/or proven experience in EO Ground Segments and System operations, preferably in an operational environment;
- At least two years’ experience in system operations of Earth Observation missions, preferably in an operational environment;
- At least two years’ experience in the system operations engineering of complex EO ground segments, and experience of verification and validation of such systems;
- Very good strengths in analysis, synthesis and presentation skills;
- Very good interpersonal, communication and reporting skills and an ability to apply these to the interactions within a team and between teams in a multi-disciplinary context;
- At least two years’ experience with UNIX / Linux systems, preferably in an operational environment;
- The ability to learn and develop the needed skills and knowledge to contribute to the operations of the service, including the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Additionally, the following will be considered as an asset:
- Spacecraft or Ground Segment Operations;
- System Monitoring & Reporting, and Mission Performance in an EO System Environment;
- Preparation of requirements, design, interfaces and testing documentation;
- Preparing, Organising, and Implementation of System Operations Validation;
- Systems Operations Infrastructure, and in particular Satellite / Mission Control Centres and associated Operations Engineering Rooms;
- Communications and network operations;
- Operations Security;
- System and Ground Segment Operations Preparation for LEO EO programmes;
- System and Ground Segment Operations Preparation for GEO EO programmes.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Andrés Izquierdo Gallego, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-5117.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.