System and Concurrent Design Facility Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-24016
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 05 March 2024
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. HE Space has joined forces with CS Group to lead the engineering and digital space market in Europe and to provide highly skilled consulting.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the section activities in the areas of Systems and Concurrent Engineering, you will have the following responsibilities:
Support to Projects and Programmes
- providing systems engineering support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and studies, including the areas of concern to Clean Space and Digitalisation and throughout all the project phases;
- supporting project reviews and evaluation of proposals;
- developing and promoting digitalisation of systems engineering, model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and infusing them into projects;
- developing and promoting Clean Space considerations and infusing them into projects;
Concurrent Engineering Activities in CDF
- participating in feasibility studies conducted in the CDF, in the role of Systems Engineer and/or Team Leader;
- developing and improving tools and methods for systems and concurrent engineering;
- proposing, developing and encouraging new applications of the concurrent engineering approach, fostering multidisciplinary activities with an emphasis on innovative concepts, cutting-edge technologies and systems architectures;
R&D and Technology Development
- contributing to the formulation and implementation of the ESA technology strategy, supporting the definition of work plans for R&D;
- ensuring the promotion, coordination, follow-up and selection of technology activities;
- defining, initiating and managing R&D activities as Technical Officer within the ESA's technology programmes, covering both long- and short-term needs;
- monitoring scientific and technological trends for systems and concurrent engineering and maintaining the corresponding state-of-the-art expertise;
- contributing to the improvement of standardisation in systems and concurrent engineering, via ESA internal processes, lessons learned and liaising to ECSS;
- contributing to promote systems and concurrent engineering across the Agency and to its partners;
- contributing to the capture and dissemination of knowledge and lessons learned across the Agency;
- Duties may also include supporting other activities requiring systems engineering skills;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or physics.
- Solid background in spacecraft systems and space mission architecture design;
- Experience in systems engineering, mission analysis and design, design methodologies and system modelling;
- Experience in Concurrent engineering processes and related IT tools/infrastructure and application to mission feasibility studies;
- Experience with Space project life-cycle, including mission/system conceptual design and trade-offs, requirements management, reviews, verification engineering;
- Background and Knowledge on the Clean Space Domains of expertise, with focus on the End-of-Life management (e.g. zero debris approach, de-orbiting technologies, design for demise, etc. ), In-Orbit Servicing and EcoDesign (e.g. Life Cycle Assessment);
- Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering methodologies and tools;
- Knowledge of the procurement process for technology developments (statements of work, proposal evaluation, management of industrial activities, including interfaces with industry, negotiations, reviews, etc);
- Knowledge of Space Engineering Standards;
- Ability to work independently and to establish good working relations with ESA is essential;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk,The Netherlands.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Medina Djakova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP- 24016.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!