STEM Didactics Expert (6 months)
- Reference NL-HP-24014
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 29 February 2024
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. HE Space has joined forces with CS Group to lead the engineering and digital space market in Europe and to provide highly skilled consulting.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the ESA STEM Team you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver didactic content and activities related to STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) at secondary school education level, with a special focus on sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology, geography, etc);
- design and deliver teacher training modules (on-site and, when needed, off-site) that use space science as a teaching and learning context for secondary-level curricular subjects; in particular, whenever applicable and in close collaboration with the ESERO3 Science & Project Coordinator, coordinate with the ESA ESERO national offices for the design, co-production and delivery of such training modules to the benefit of ESA Member States;
- design and produce classroom resources/activities on the subjects covered by the above teacher training modules (in different formats: classical printed lessons, practical/lab activities, tablet applications and content, etc); in particular, whenever applicable and in close collaboration with the ESERO4 Science & Project Coordinator, coordinate with the ESA ESERO national offices for the design, co-production, and delivery of such classroom activities to the benefit of ESA Member States;
- adapt/update/upgrade existing teacher training modules and classroom resources/activities when required;
- contribute to the design, and manage the implementation of ESA challenges and competitions on the subject of sciences for secondary schools at European level (e.g using micro/hyper gravity platforms to perform experiments, such as Drop Towers, etc);
- contribute to: the procurement actions for material items and services needed to implement the activities; the logistics associated to the activities;
- collaborate with the ESERO5 Science & Project Coordinator for the promotion of the teacher training sessions to the benefit of the whole ESERO network; equally promote such opportunities within all ESA Member States;
- support the outreach, promotion and dissemination of ESA primary and secondary education activities, through appropriate channels and in compliance with ESA Education outreach guidelines, in the area of concern;
- contribute in general to the design and implementation of ESA STEM informal education projects at secondary school level, also addressing role modelling, STEM/space careers and gender issues;
- support the evaluation of education activities against Key Performance Indicators in the area of concern;
- respond to the direct contacts and external requests from education partners and the European education community.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- As per job class, with a university Master degree, or equivalent, in Science;
- Knowledge of European STEM school curricula, with a focus on Sciences;
- Specific experience in the design and development of didactic content on scientific subjects applied to secondary school curricula; direct teaching experience and/or teacher training experience;
- Sound knowledge of ESA and the space field;
- Experience in international environments;
- Project management skills and experience;
- Capability of establishing and maintaining interfaces within and outside the Agency; capability to respond and adapt to the needs of the European education communities;
- Autonomy in the execution of tasks and ability to manage workload, identify priorities and strategic actions; ability to cope with pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on time;
- Creativity; strong conceptual, analytical, interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team;
- Good communication skills, verbal (in public and during formal meetings) and written;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another Member State language is an asset.
This job is located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-24014.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA