Software PA Support Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-5103
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 19 June 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology, Engineering and Quality Directorate, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Head of the Software Product Assurance section;
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy;
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme.;
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes;
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards;
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions;
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.;
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc., as required.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on Space engineering;
- Relevant professional work experience;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools;
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards;
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems;
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Specific tasks experience (or knowledge of) in the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Agile practices;
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models;
- Big Data software architectures and life-cycles;
- Data quality assurance;
- Cyber-security assurance;
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools;
- Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Kalina Traykova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5103.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA