Secretary / Administrative Assistant
- Reference NL-HP-4883
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 27 September 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years,
we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the
field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently
looking for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant to support our
customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Business Management Controlling & Administration division, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the Line Managers and teams in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organisational and contractual matters;
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organising calendar and keeping the Line Managers informed on all issues of concern; supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects;
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Line Managers or for reply at a later time. Keeping organised records of these calls and checking closure and follow up;
- Analysing incoming mail- paper and e-mail - and presenting these data in an organised and prioritised manner. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches staff to insure timely responses;
- Ensuring the diffusion of information for the Teams;
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements;
- Coordinating actions with other secretaries of the Department/ Division; Administrative support Coverage for other units when colleagues are on leave;
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail. Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations;
- Check for correct authorisation, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorisation with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures). For the execution of the tasks the contractor will be expected to use related ESA Corporate software tools and documentation systems;
- Administering and maintaining the office documentation systems. Setting up the folder structure, registration, filing and distribution of correspondence and other documentation processed;
- Follow up of teams’ actions;
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the teams to take actions on given issues;
- Interfacing and providing support to teams on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems;
- Coordination with Facility Management for local, on-site support (e.g. staff and contractors TUD/leaving/relocating);
- Participating to Events organisation.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Strong command of the English language. Due to the nature of the project Greek will be a distinctive advantage. Knowledge of another European language is considered an asset;
- Administrative assistant experience at executive level and in an international context;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft365 and Teams;
- A good knowledge of the various ESA tools (i.a. MAS, ESA-P) is welcomed;
- Knowledge of working methods in the space/telecommunications sector is considered an asset;
- It is important to note that this position requires a high level of confidentiality.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Kalina Traykova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4883 before 27-Sep-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA