Satellite Communication Systems Engineer
- Reference UK-HP-4428
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 12 March 2021
Caring about space experts like you for nearly 40 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Satellite Communication Systems Engineer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the dynamic and international company, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Deliver key technical solutions within collaborative projects including development, delivery and operation of the end-to-end architecture;
- Select solutions considering the capabilities of satellite communication systems, and ensuring that these are commercially and technically viable;
- Translate product and service requirements into a solution and its associated technical specifications;
- Develop a deep knowledge in the field of future networks and the evolution of both satellite and terrestrial networks;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Degree in Satellite Communications, Telecommunications or similar discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years in the satellite communication domain;
- Hands-on experience deploying and using satellite communication terminals and solutions on various platforms;
- Knowledge of spacecraft subsystems especially communication payloads;
- Expertise and practical knowledge in developing solutions that embrace terrestrial and satellite communications;
- Knowledge of satellite networks as well as terrestrial cellular networks (LTE/5G);
- Accomplished in Linux (Redhat ,CentOS, Fedora);
- Knowledge of security concepts;
- Experience in developing and implementing IoT solutions.
This job is located in Harwell.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr. Leandros Foteinias by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” as soon as possible quoting job UK-HP-4428.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!