Satellite Application Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-5195
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 31 December 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Application Engineer to support our customer ESA in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Space Solutions Programme (ESA S2), you will have the following responsibilities:
- Identification and characterization of new services and applications exploiting current and next generation of space systems (e.g., Satcom, Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation) and their integration in non-space domains;
- Assessment of the technical and operational requirements applicable to space-based applications and their integration with terrestrial solutions to support the identified services and applications in an end-to-end context;
- Implement activities with industry, operators, application providers and user communities addressed to develop, validate and promote the utilisation of space-based assets in accordance to the ESA checklist;
- Development and implementation of methodologies and tools for the assessment of end-to-end performance of multimedia applications;
- Analysis and assessment of the business and regulatory aspects associated with the launch and commercial operations of satellite-based applications and services.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or similar domains;
- Significant experience in satellite and possibly in terrestrial systems requirements analysis, design, implementation and operations, and associated management experience;
- Sound knowledge of the overall space applications market, and specific experience in specifying, developing, evaluating, and promoting applications making use of satellites;
- Some familiarity with downstream space services and applications and with relevant space technologies (i.e., satellite communications, navigation, and earth observation);
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- High standard of document drafting;
- Knowledge of ESA and in particular various TIA space applications and ESA S2 programs will be considered an advantage;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Leandros Foteinias by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5195.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA