RF Payload Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-5014
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 01 March 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Payload Engineering Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide support to ESA projects and programmes in the area of navigation payloads and satellite communication payloads for system level aspects (such as payload requirements, design, performance analysis, development and testing);
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of navigation payloads, and/or satellite communication payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas;
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development for navigation payloads and satellite communication payloads;
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload performance, with particular emphasis on signal quality for navigation and communication payloads;
- Contribute to the development/usage of internally developed analysis/simulation tools;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering;
- Good background and several years of working experience on design and development of Radio Frequency Payloads in the domain of Navigation and/or Telecommunications;
- Knowledge and Experience on the following topics are considered an asset:
- Navigation Payloads and Satellite Communication Payloads Radio frequency and microwave payloads architectures and technologies;
- Simulation of RF Payloads, communication systems and performance assessment (with e.g., MATLAB, Phyton);
- Digital signal processing techniques;
- End-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis;
- Software and simulation tools and programming (MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python);
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5014.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA
- +31 71 341 7517