Radio Navigation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-5045
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 04 April 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the TEC Directorate (Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality), you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g., GALILEO, LEO-PNT, Moonlight, EGNOS, GENESIS) and R&D activities in the fields of system, signal, receivers and performance for Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT). This includes design, implementation and testing of systems, signals and receiver techniques, derivation of system and user performances, GNSS techniques/algorithms at signal and positioning level, alternative PNT systems exploiting signals from LEO and from terrestrial cellular systems such as 5G/6G, PNT in the Moon, etc.;
- Contribute to the Agency's R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation, among others, in the following areas: future PNT systems and concepts, multi-layer PNT, receiver techniques (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, mitigation of multipath/interference/spoofing, use of signals of opportunity and 5G / 5G NTN) for improved accuracy, availability, reliability and resilience;
- Participation and active contributions to ESA activities supporting standardisation bodies and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics;
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including for example, R&D activities, procurement of GNSS bread-boards and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies / test user segments;
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- Background and solid experience, including hands-on experience on design, implementation and lab/field testing, in several of the following fields:
- GNSS/Galileo systems, signals and associated receiver technologies
- GNSS/Galileo signal-in-space design
- Galileo PRS system, signals and receivers
- Alternative PNT solutions and Multi-Layer PNT systems and user technologies, including LEO-PNT and 5G/6G positioning
- Advanced signal processing and estimation techniques
- GNSS/Galileo Space and Ground systems architecture
- Experience in one or more of the following fields is considered an asset: Galileo OS/HAS/CAS, Message/Ranging Authentication, Signals of Opportunity, EGNOS, Space GNSS receivers;
- Eligibility to obtain an EU personal security clearance from the relevant national authority;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5045.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA