- Reference NL-HP-5038
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 24 March 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the HRE Business Management & Administration Department, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to the HRE Head of Project Control, the new team member will perform a range of Project Control tasks;
- While conducting all the below responsibilities, the post holder will have to demonstrate the capability to work autonomously and at the same time be able to work effectively as part of a team;
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects / programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans.
- Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required.
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
- In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports.
- Reviewing / checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost–at– Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures and consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers as required.
- In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
- Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions.
- Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis.
- Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s).
- Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles.
- Ensuring that above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management tools.
- Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools.
Skills & Experience
- You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s in engineering or equivalent, or MBA, or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience;
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry;
- For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required;
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel);
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset;
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications;
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset. The job will require substantial interaction with other key stakeholders inside ESA such as Finance and Procurement Services, and also outside ESA;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5038.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA
- Recruitment Manager
- + 31 71 341 7513