Payload Data Processing Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-5011
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 15 March 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As a member of a team providing services to EUMETSAT you will be providing support for the Copernicus programme.
You will perform the preventive and corrective maintenance of the Copernicus payload data processing systems, their installation, verification and validation in the EUMETSAT Ground Segment and the maintenance of the related documentation.
The source code of the PDP systems which are subject to maintenance, will be provided to you by EUMETSAT (CFI). The source code may be written in a variety of languages such as Python, Java, C and/or C++.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Payload Data Processing Maintenance Requirements. The preventive and corrective maintenance of the PDP shall cover:
- Preventive maintenance;
- Configuration Management;
- Verification of new Releases;
- Delivery of releases and patches;
- Maintenance of Project Documentation;
- Evolutions/Upgrades (e.g., providing suggestions for evolutions, impact analysis of potential evolutions) of the PDP systems.
- Preventive maintenance of the PDP shall including:
- Keeping COTS libraries up to date (upgrade to the latest stable versions);
- Maintaining and implementing Database cleaning policies;
- Applying relevant security patches;
- Discovering, analyzing and reporting on security flaws and vulnerabilities.
- Adherence to anomaly management processes;
- Anomaly Processing Tool for the management, tracking and follow-up of all ARs/NCRs;
- Support to Anomaly Review Boards (ARB) where an Anomaly or Non-Conformance relating to any item maintained is discussed/dispositioned. The required responsiveness for problem corrections shall be based on the urgency of the anomaly.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree in a relevant discipline;
- Expert skills in scripting languages such Python;
- Expert skills on Linux OS (Red Hat, CentOS);
- Experience on the visualisation of remote sensing data using specific tools or programming languages (Python, IDL…);
- Experience in data processing, dissemination and monitoring system maintenance and anomaly investigation;
- Experience in data processing system development support following ECSS standards;
- Experience in data processing system IV&V following ECSS standards;
- Experience of operational satellite data processing systems;
- Experience in software optimization and performance increase (parallel computing techniques on Linux clusters);
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-5011.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.
- +31 71 341 7501