PA and Safety Support Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4898
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 03 October 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we
have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field
of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for
a PA and Safety Support Engineer to support our customer in the
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Product Assurance Management Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the MetOp-SG Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Manager in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme for the MetOp-SG Programme;
- Assist the PA&S Manager to ensure that all formally delivered items within the MetOp-SG supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (e.g., Delivery Review Boards - DRBs);
- Support the MetOp-SG Satellite and Instrument Prime contractors in managing and reviewing the integration and test activities using manufacturing and/or Integration Readiness Reviews (I/MRRs), Mandatory Inspection Points (MIPs), Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), Post-Test Reviews (PTRs) Test Review Boards (TRBs) and, where requested by the MetOp-SG project, quality assurance audits;
- Support the PA&S Manager in the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance management process for the project both with industry under MetOp-SG contract and partner agencies & programmes (Eumetsat, DLR, CNES and ESA Copernicus);
- Support Risk Management (e.g., administrate the Risk Register) and Configuration Management (e.g., CCB) within the MetOp-SG Project Team, including the disposition of Deviations and Waivers (RFDs & RFWs);
- Together with the Satellite Prime and the Instrument Primes, review ESA Alerts for potential impact to MetOp-SG and, internally, the ESA IPNs (Internal Problem Notifications), ensuring they are formally addressed and closed-out;
- Supporting Long-Term Storage (LTS) requirement definition and implementation for the MetOp-SG follow-on FM Satellites;
- Produce reports covering review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings when needed, and reporting on project PA status;
- Deputising for MetOp-SG Programme PA Manager as required;
- Support the MetOp-SG PA Manager with the satellite launch campaign(s) - location is TBC;
- Support the post-launch anomaly investigation process and the implementation of any & all associated recommendations;
- Extensive travel within Europe is required.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline is required;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible. If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4898 before 03-Oct-22. An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA