Non-Metallic Materials and Processes Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-5039
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 22 March 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the TEC Directorate (Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality), you will have the following responsibilities:
- General processing of polymeric materials and their joining technologies;
- Processing/production, testing, and performance evaluation of structural and non-structural adhesive bonding;
- Processing/production, testing, and performance evaluation of carbon-fibre reinforced composites;
- Support Materials and Processes reviews, Materials and Processes Control Boards (MPCB’s) and participate as Engineering and/or PA Board Member in ESA Programme reviews milestones (including PRRs, SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, QARs, FRRs, etc.);
- Analyse the behaviour and perform failure investigation of non-metallic materials and their associated manufacturing processes using a variety of laboratory equipment, among others NDI, physic-chemical laboratory simulation, testing and analysis, thermal analysis, chemical analysis, physical and microscopic analysis, surface analysis, spectroscopic analysis, etc.;
- Support the operation and regular updating of the associated management information tools and system databases, including dedicated materials and processes databases;
- Support the preparation, issuing and management of the technology roadmaps for developments.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's degree in materials sciences or mechanical engineering;
- Several years of experience in materials and processes engineering;
- Good knowledge about general test and qualification methodologies and especially experience in mechanical testing and NDI;
- Experience in defining and executing test plans for materials qualification and process validation;
- Expert knowledge related to ceramic and metallic materials and processes is considered an asset;
- Capability to take decisions for selection of materials and processes for space applications;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5039.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA