Navigation Performance Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4997
- Location Munich, Germany
- Closing date 03 February 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
EGNOS is a satellite based European augmentation system for GPS and the European Navigation system Galileo. Currently the next generation EGNOS V3 is under development by Airbus. In this context the element "Prediction Chain Facility" (PCF) is specified and verified by protoyping by Airbus. The PCF generates corrections and bounding information for GPS and Galileo satellites.
As part of the EGNOS Team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and test algorithm modules of the PCF implemented in the programming language C;
- Support integration and troubleshooting of PCF algorithms;
- Design and implement pass/fail critera by means of scripting to assess navigation related performance parameters (orbit/clock residual errors, safety margin);
- Contribute to definition of test cases and test reports, and to evaluate test results of PCF algorithmic functions;
- Interact with SW engineers for troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s Degree in Informatics / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering or Geodesy;
- Good interpersonal and very good verbal and written communication skills;
- The jobholder likes the challenge to analyse complex technical problems and come up with convincing solutions;
- Experience in satellite navigation algorithms is required;
- Experienced in algorithm development and data analysis is necessary;
- Knowledge in Python, Matlab and scripting languages;
- Knowledge in programming using C;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Taufkirchen.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Tobias Bruns, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4997 before 27-Jan-23.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.