Mechanical AIV / AIT Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-24004
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 15 February 2024
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. HE Space has joined forces with CS Group to lead the engineering and digital space market in Europe and to provide highly skilled consulting.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the ESA Mechanical AIT/AIV Office, you will have the following responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will have to proactively support Projects with respect to AIT and AIV domains, in particular monitoring and coordinating AIT activities and providing support to Engineering and AIT manager on Project side with respect to AIT schedule assessment, risks assessment, project reviews (TRRs, PTRs, TRBs, NRBs, FAR/QAR etc) in line with specific AIT technical competences requested;
- Support Agency projects on AIV/AIT issues, in particular environmental testing including follow up of industry activities;
- Support the Customers of the Test Centre through all project phases, taking into account project requirements and performance of facilities;
- Support Agency projects with respect to model philosophy definition, requirement specification, planning, costing, risk assessment, test execution and verification control;
- Support Agency project studies and reviews in the Concurrent Design Facility at ESTEC in the domain programmatics and AIV/AIT;
- Participate in formal project reviews and tender evaluation boards, usually in the AIV panel;
- Participate in the development of new methods and tools, the preparation and implementation of investments.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in space domain, with Environmental test campaigns and Launch Campaigns expertise;
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering;
- Experience in satellite AIV and satellite testing, and some experience in management;
- Experience in the development and verification of space hardware;
- Knowledge and experience with MGSE/EGSE;
- Experience in management and monitoring of industrial activities;
- Focus on system level activities and thermo-mechanical domain;
- Experience with functional testing will be considered an asset;
- System view and knowledge of other engineering areas on top of AIT/AIV competences will be considered an asset;
- Sound knowledge of satellite qualification and acceptance testing;
- Proven experience with satellite system and/or payload AIT activities preparation, implementation and evaluation;
- Proven experience with test preparation, configuration and execution including relevant procedures and processes;
- Experience with active monitoring and support to industrial AITactivities, including problems troubleshooting and resolution;
- Good team spirit and teamwork experience in space related projects is considered key, as coordination with engineering and necessary specialists has to be ensured along AIT activities;
- Experience with AIT schedules assessment, identifying associated risks and proposing mitigation actions;
- Experience with NCR process and satellite project reviews;
- Experience with lessons learned management;
- Availability to support regular missions abroad as required by Projects; along limited periods, on-call support in 24/7 shift with other team members might be required during the test campaign such as TV;
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset;
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Andrés Izquierdo, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-24004.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA