IT Comms Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-5022
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 24 March 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As a member of a team providing services to EUMETSAT, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Operation and maintenance of the Operational Network Infrastructure (ONI) and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) network;
- Network infrastructure, services and solutions: low level design specification;
- Network infrastructure, services and solutions: deployment implementation;
- Evolution and upgrade of the current network infrastructure, services and solutions;
- Interface to hardware repair and COTS support maintenance providers;
- Provision of stand-by/on-call support.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline ;
- Experience in network engineering in such environments throughout its lifecycle, from identification of needs to deployment and operations;
- Experience in carrying out (specifying, preparing, planning and executing) network engineering activities, including their coordination and technical guidance, working with other engineers within and outside the team involved in the activities, and with the customers/users and other stakeholders;
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco technology and solutions for these environments;
- Extensive experience in administration and troubleshooting of communications infrastructure systems and Wide Area Networks (WANs);
- Expert knowledge and significant work experience with CISCO equipment, Network Management Systems, network security, and particularly software defined & programmable networks and other new technologies;
- Good understanding of incident and anomaly management processes;
- Experience in operational or production environment with high availability requirements;
- Ability to present - verbally and in writing - network solutions and systems in a comprehensible way, with the specific ability to explain relevant details while keeping the focus on the overall system aspects. Ability to translate IT jargon into customer business terms;
- Experience in interacting with suppliers of network products and service providers as part of network infrastructure, services and solutions development and deployment;
- Experience in configuring and operating network management and monitoring systems such as Netbrain or SolarWinds. Ability to automate network routine monitoring and maintenance tasks;
- Experience in supporting procurements of network systems and services;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Fluency in English is mandatory ability to write technical documents in English; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- Experience in Cisco Networking, preferably with CCNA/CCNP accreditation;
- Experience in Cisco ACI;
- Experience with Cisco Firewalls;
- Understanding of OSI Layers;
- Understanding of Network Monitoring Systems;
- Experience in DNS;
- Experience with 802.1x;
- Experience with ISE;
- Experience with PulseSecure;
- Expertise in Linux Scripting.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-5022.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.
- +31 71 341 7501