Galileo Project System Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4995
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 08 February 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Galileo System Project Control Unit, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the preparation of the Galileo system prime schedules, customer-furnished items list and Galileo system design, development and validation plan (technical core planning document);
- Controlling schedules of the industrial technical activities and progress with respect to plans by reviewing progress reports, participating to progress and technical meetings;
- Contributing to the preparation of tender and contract change documents covering technical schedule, risk management, programmatic and financial matters, participating in the evaluation of industrial proposals and contract change documents;
- Participate in the negotiations of industrial proposals for the areas of technical schedule, risk and financial matters;
- Contributing to preparing preliminary change implementation proposals in response to program level technical change requests (from the EC as Program Manager and/or GSA –entity responsible for the Galileo operations) covering financial, risk and technical scheduling aspects;
- Organising and participating in ESA technical reviews of industrial activities involving coordination with external entities such as EC, GSA and other security-related bodies as required;
- • Contributing to the project risk management function by identifying and documenting risks, analysing its probability/impact and proposing appropriate mitigation actions;
- Contributing to preparation and analysis of internal/external status reports and plans;
- Interface with industrial primes in support to the Galileo Procurement Managers ensuring industry compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, technical schedule and risk-reporting.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline;
- Expert knowledge of S/C system and mission design, incl. system design modelling tools and Concurrent Engineering applied to space mission assessment and design;
- Knowledge of System of Systems (SoS) architecting and related tools such as System Architect, Focal Point, etc.) and frameworks (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF);
- Knowledge and practice in the application of ESA SE Standards (e.g., ECSS-E-10 series) and SW engineering
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4995.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA
- +31 71 341 7517