Future LEO Missions System Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-5051
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 20 November 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As a member of a team providing services to EUMETSAT you will be providing support for the Programme Preparation and Development Department (PRD). You will have the following responsabilities:
- Contribution to trade-off Phase A/B studies;
- Update of System Concept and Architecture Documents (SCAD) taking into account outcome of phase A/B analyses and outcomes of design activities;
- Contribution to design activities linked to system modelling and architecture;
- Contribution to the requirement traceability and maintenance;
- Update and maintenance of end-to-end budgets and support to interface definition;
- Participation in any necessary meetings to progress on the definition of the system architectures;
- Preparation of presentations summarizing outcome of discussions and analyses on system aspects;
- Support internal reviews (e.g., PRR, SRR, etc.).
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline;
- Experience with Low Earth Orbiting (LEO) satellites;
- Experience in the area of System Engineering on space projects;
- Experience in the area of RF engineering and verification on space to ground links;
- Experience in the area of mission control systems, operations or on ground processors;
- Knowledge of model-based system engineering methodology and tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect);
- Knowledge of requirement management process and tools, e.g. DOORS;
- Knowledge of processes implementation based on standards, in particular knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards;
- Involvement in development of new space systems (phase A/B);
- Experience on conduction of IV&V activities, and test tools at system or subsegment level;
- Familiarity with system change control and configuration management procedures;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-5051.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.