Functional Propulsion Engineering Support
- Reference DE-HP-5191
- Location Bremen, Germany
- Closing date 30 November 2023
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Propulsion team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- General propulsion system support including the associated pre-developments (i.e. engineering models), pre-designs and trade-offs, as well as their maturation incl. associated support of breadboard testing and evaluation activities;
- Upgrading propulsion systems and engineering models in the course of the development / qualification phases, including: tests predictions, post-test analyses and tools adjustments;
- Propulsion system architecture support, optimization and verification to meet the mission needs;
- Propulsion system performance verification in accordance to the requirements;
- Propulsion system test support and evaluation;
- Fostering of innovative and competitive propulsion system solutions for future A6 needs and beyond;
- Issue / update technical specifications for components of the propulsion system and negotiate them with industrial partners;
- Managing the interfaces between the propulsion system and the components;
- Managing these components during their whole development phases also beyond pre-development (> TRL6);
- Set-up and extend (i.e. maintenance, updating and further development) existing propulsion performance models and conduct associated analysis;
- Conduct evaluation and interpretation of results Model documentation, simulation reports and configuration;
- Management General Internal and external presentation of tools and results;
- Active participation to key-points and project reviews with the customers.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent education;
- 1+ years of minimum experience in functional propulsion engineering roles;
- Experienced level of knowledge in propulsion system modelling;
- Experience in fluid dynamics and thermodynamics;
- Experience in space hardware applications / testing is an asset;
- Team player with excellent communication skills;
- High level of assertiveness;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language such as German is an advantage.
This job is located in Bremen.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-5191.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.