- Reference NL-HP-24009
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 29 February 2024
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Event Team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform an annual event planning exercise to establish the baseline and define priorities, as well as coordinate with other relevant stakeholders in and outside the Agency;
- Provide event management support to both in and external customers, whereas priority shall be given to customers in the following order:
- DG, for on-site events in the Centre only;
- HRE, for on- and off-site events;
- Other ESA directorates, for on-site events only in the Centre;
- External customers of the Centre for on-site events in the Centre only;
- Support in the development and delivery of events with high-profile attendees and/or large numbers of attendees;
- For each custom event, proposal of the implementation in the form of an event proposal which shall be agreed and signed with the customers;
- Support in the development of budget and costing plans for delivery of events;
- Proposal of the implementation of the event in the Centre or scouting alternative locations off the ESTEC Campus where required;
- Coordination and securing partnerships, collaborations, and sponsoring packages/contracts;
- Coordination and securing speakers, moderators, and entertainment;
- Implementation of adequate set-up including branding and decoration of the venue as well as general set-up of audience and stage;
- Support in the procurement of event merchandise;
- Support in the development of the event program and timing;
- Support in the implementation of requests such as live-streaming, recording, or catering;
- Support in the registration of and communication with participants;
- Coordination with other event management stakeholders in and outside of the Agency;
- Implementation of measures to assess the customer satisfaction both of key stakeholders and participants.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, or another relevant discipline;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in documentation management and in the field of communication;
- Knowledge to navigate around and understand formal communication and be ability to analyse a range of issues within the complex institutional environments of ESA, EU, and the relevant industrial landscape;
- Ability to deliver qualitative output under time pressure;
- Ability to execute activities with a high degree of autonomy;
- A good sense of organization;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as tact and discretion;
- Interest and good understanding of ESA Programmes and related activities, knowledge and experience in the field of telecommunication and experience with liaising with C-level executives is an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Kalina Trykova by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-24009.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!