End-to-End Mission Performance Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4998
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 13 February 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Ground System Definition & Verification Office, the postholder will provide support to Sentinel-4 mission in the domain of End-to-end (E2E) Mission Performance covering both software and algorithm aspects.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Technical definition, procurement and verification of the E2E Mission Performance Simulator software chain including in particular the Instrument Simulator and the Level 1 Processor Prototype algorithms;
- Definition and execution or supervision of activities within and outside ESA to ensure the E2E mission performance, in particular at Level-1;
- Contribute to the overall specification of the E2E Mission Performance Simulator chain (from Scene Generation up to Level-2);
- Assessment of the delivered scientific processing algorithm in Python;
- Assessment of the delivered Instrument Quality Tool IQT v2-alpha and its ability to process real instrument data (PFM Focal Plane SubSystem data , S4 enhanced EM data, …);
- Assessment of the delivered Level-1 Reference Processor and perform a comparison of the results with the IQT;
- Development, implementation and validation of (complex) key data generation tools for the instrument calibration and performance verification tasks, as defined in the S4 on-ground calibration plan and in the L1b processing specification;
- Support to the closed-loop testing between the S4/UVN measurement data, the IQT v2 and the calibration key data to demonstrate adequacy, completeness and accuracy of the level-0 to level-1b data processing algorithms and the calibration key data;
- Contribution to meetings within ESA, industry and EUMETSAT;
- Supporting the analysis of the data collected during on-ground and in-orbit calibration and characterisation campaigns;
- Ensuring that the E2E Mission Performance Simulator chain and its components and algorithms meet the required functionality and performance, taking into account system, instrument, geophysical model and calibration/validation facility aspects;
- Installing, maintaining and operating an up to date copy of the E2E Mission Performance Simulator software at ESTEC;
- Analysing impacts on the mission performance resulting from deviations during the development programme;
- Ensuring the proper verification and validation methods are proposed and implemented;
- Supporting the standardisation and the harmonisation between the E2E Mission Performance Simulator chain and related Products between S4, S5 and S5P.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- The Candidate shall have a Master's or PhD or equivalent qualification in Physics or Engineering with demonstrated background and experience in data processing;
- Candidates shall demonstrate good familiarity with computer programs/languages such as C/C++, Python and MATLAB and with Unix operating system;
- Good communication skills.;
- Candidate shall demonstrate familiarity with L0 to L1b data processing of optical instrument using CCD technology;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4998.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA
- +31 71 341 7501