ECLSS System Design Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-24011
- Location Bremen, Germany
- Closing date 29 February 2024
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. HE Space has joined forces with CS Group to lead the engineering and digital space market in Europe and to provide highly skilled consulting.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the ECLSS (Environmental Control and Life Support System) station team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the comprehensive design of the ECLSS system for space station, covering architecture, engineering budgets, and detailed subsystem designs.
- Integrate human space station constraints and coordinate with internal stakeholders for mass, volume, and power considerations.
- Establish interfaces with subsystems and formulate operational modes for various scenarios.
- Drive independent trade-offs and analyses in a dynamic environment, steering simulations and cross-discipline assessments.
- Develop verification and validation approaches, assembly plans, and operational concepts.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Advanced degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Extensive experience in ECLSS design for space habitats or complex systems.
- Proficient in integrating supplier information while adhering to regulations.
- Strong analytical skills for assessing technological solutions and requirements engineering.
- Excellent collaboration skills with stakeholders and cross-disciplinary teams.
- Previous leadership experience in defining system architectures and budgets.
- Familiarity with relevant space industry standards and documentation.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Bremen (Germany).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-24011.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!