Development Engineer Thermal Control Analyses
- Reference DE-HP-5015
- Location Bremen, Germany
- Closing date 15 February 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Upper Stages Thermal Engineering department, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Execution of theoretical investigations, computations and estimations in connection with thermal aspects of Ariane 6 Upper Stage;
- Establishment and discretisation of thermal mathematical models in ESATAN TMS format, using MATCAD and MATLAB as supporting tools for thermal analysis;
- Performance of thermal analyses for Ariane 6 Upper Stage and sub-systems;
- Thermal investigations and analyses in co-operation with other specialist areas, like e.g., structure mechanics and propulsion systems;
- Establishment of thermal environment specifications for Ariane 6 Upper Stage Upper Stages and sub-systems, and verification of thermal environment specifications;
- Establishment of test specifications and test plans, as well as review of existing test plans;
- Participation in thermal tests for verification of existing thermal models;
- Establishment of thermal test reports;
- Performance of thermal model correlations based on test results;
- Establishment of thermal analysis reports, in English, and contribution to synthesis report for Ariane 6 upper stage qualification.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's degree in aeronautics, astronautics or mechanical engineering;
- Experience in thermal analysis for spacecraft or launcher systems with application of ESATAN TMS thermal analysis software and MATLAB;
- Experience in establishment of thermal environment specifications for subsystems and components;
- Detailed knowledge in thermo- and/or fluid dynamics;
- Good communication skills to ensure the flow of information;
- The ability to integrate into a team;
- High level of responsibility, resilience and organisational skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of German and French is an advantage.
This job is located in Bremen.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Tobias Bruns, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-5015.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.