Data Processing Operations Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4698
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 01 February 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Data Processing Operations Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform tasks related to operational data processing of current meteorological satellite systems, as well as preparation for future GEO and LEO systems;
- Liaise and coordinate as required with other Contractors and other teams at the customer, as well as with external engineering partners to ensure the continuity of mission operations and optimisation of the ground segment;
- Provide Routine Operations services for the operational data processing and product extraction systems for GEO and LEO missions:
- Conduct, coordinate, monitor, and report on routine and special operations (and on their performance and quality)
- Contribute to the preparation and maintenance of documentation to perform routine, non-routine and contingency operations activities (operational procedures, working, user guides, etc.)
- Provide services for the evolution of operational data processing and product extraction systems for GEO and LEO missions:
- Contribute to the definition of evolutions and further developments of the systems
- Contribute to the operational validation of upgrades, and to the compilation of the relevant operational validation reports
- Provide services for the Operations Preparation of data processing, product extraction systems, their off-line functions and test tools for the future GEO and LEO missions:
- Contribute to reviews, particularly identifying system deficiencies, raising operational risks and suggest their potential resolution
- Contribute to workshops with providing data processing expertise
- Contribute to the definition of operations concepts, operations preparations and commissioning activities
- Contribute to the generation of operational documentation.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or scientific discipline relevant to the job profile (e.g. atmospheric physics, remote sensing, meteorology or equivalent);
- At least two years’ experience in some of the following: real-time or near real-time acquisition, L0 processing, L1 and L2 processing, calibration of data, operations of complex data processing systems, verification and validation of such systems, all preferably in an operational environment;
- Experience with UNIX / Linux systems preferably in an operational environment;
- Good interpersonal, communication and reporting skills and an ability to apply these to the interactions within a team and between teams in a multi-disciplinary context;
- A systematic approach to work, to be able to plan your work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage complex tasks with minimum supervision;
- Experience in writing accurate, concise, focused and consistent technical documentation and reports;
- Willingness to provide 24 hours a day on-call support, including during weekends and public holidays on a regular basis;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from April 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4698 before 31-Jan-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.