Copernicus Data Processing Operations Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-5159
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 29 September 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Data ingestion, processing, and product distribution;
- Data and Product analysis;
- Operational performance monitoring and reporting, including the development, documentation and maintenance of the relevant tools for e.g., production statistics
- generation and reporting, PDGS monitoring and reporting;
- The testing and the implementation of new products;
- The setting-up, implementation and update of operational procedures and documentation;
- Anomaly investigation;
- First line maintenance, including on-call support;
- Co-ordination with external organisations and service providers;
- Attendance at technical meetings;
- Participation to formal reviews.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master´s degree in a relevant discipline is required;
- Demonstrated experience in near real time, data driven, automated systems with large computer networks;
- Demonstrated experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems;
- Knowledge of Development and maintenance of operational procedures and/or configuration data;
- Knowledge of scripting languages and databases (e.g., Perl, Python, shell, PostgreSQL);
- Proven experience in the integration, verification, and validation (IV&V) of data processing systems and/or processors, including generation of test plan, test specification, procedures and test reports for end-to-end processing chains;
- Ability to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner;
- High degree of working autonomy;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- High degree of interpersonal awareness;
- Experience in working as part of a multicultural team;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Additionally, the following skills are considered an asset:
- Experience in validation of operational procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in operations build up activities;
- Practical knowledge in Configuration Control;
- Knowledge in Computer systems, Network systems and IT Security;
- Knowledge of ECSS standards;
- Experience of validating complex remote sensing data processing systems;
- Development and maintenance of operational procedures;
- Programming languages (e.g. C, C++ and IDL);
- Knowledge of spacecraft and/or ground segment operations;
- Demonstrated experience of Instrument data and product processing (Level-0 to 2) of meteorological and/or earth observation products;
- Knowledge and/or experience of quality control, calibration and validation.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Andrés Izquierdo Gallego, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-5159.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!