Configuration Manager Space Systems
- Reference DE-HP-5205
- Location Immenstaad, Germany
- Closing date 29 February 2024
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. HE Space has joined forces with CS Group to lead the engineering and digital space market in Europe and to provide highly skilled consulting.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of Airbus, Defense and Space (AIR Sat), Immenstaad, Germany, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Planning and implementation of configuration management within the project landscape along the entire product life cycle;
- Identifying configuration items and ensuring configuration control;
- Identification of requirements as well as functional and physical properties of configuration items configuration items;
- Creation of configuration baselines;
- Controlling the change management of documents Organisation, preparation, Organisation, preparation, implementation, and follow-up of configuration control boards (CCBs);
- Definition and maintenance of product trees including the configuration item list, the assembly tree, the as-built list;
- Monitoring and controlling the configuration management of internal and external suppliers;
- Central contact person for the customer regarding all configuration management topics and Support for project reviews in all project phases;
- Regular reporting on the status of configuration management (product tree, assembly tree, CIDL, ABCL, change status, RFD/RFWs…) to project and customer;
- Preparation and delivery of data packages on project milestones to the customer;
- Support in transnational initiatives to improve processes, methods and tools in terms of configuration related to configuration, document and data management;
- Contribute to the digital transformation to realise the vision of a fully end-to-end data flow realise the vision of a fully end-to-end data flow;
- Supporting pioneering work to implement new digital working methods, processes, methods and tool chains;
- Support the development of the link to data science and its application in the field;
- Willingness to work on classified and military projects;
- Ensuring the highest compliance standards in terms of security and export control regulations and the Airbus Code of Conduct.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Engineering degree or comparable;
- Good communication skills to ensure the flow of information;
- Team player with exceptionally good communication skills;
- High level of responsibility, resilience, and organisational skills;
- Experience in configuration management of larger projects (>2 years);
- Experience in the space sector is a plus;
- Very good IT skills and experience in Windchill, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in the PLM Connect tool chain;
- International and collaborative mindset. Confidence in working in complex project environments and managing a large number of stakeholders in different countries;
- Confident working with data and a data-driven rather than file-driven way of working;
- Reliable and thorough, service-orientated way of working where the customer is always at the centre of attention;
- Future-orientated development attitude. Open-minded and curious about new ways of working and transforming the status quo into a more data-driven approach;
- Proactive at all levels, especially in the development and implementation of improvements and new digital processes, methods and tools;
- First contacts with and interest in the field of data science (data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.) would be a plus;
- Fluency in English and German is mandatory; knowledge of another European language such as French and Spanish is an advantage.
This job is located in Immenstaad / Germany.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Medina Djakova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-5205.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.