Configuration Management Officer
- Reference NL-HP-5099
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 16 June 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Business Management & Administration Division, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Establishing adequate processes for proper Product configuration control, including:
- Configuration management planning;
- Configuration items identification, technical requirements base lining, production and maintenance of configuration item data list (CIDL);
- Management of configuration evolution, baselines verification, as-built control and inspections.
- Establishment of configuration control methods, procedures and standards;
- Establishing and/or assuring that adequate configuration control methods, procedures and standards are established and/or maintained, consistent with applicable standards/requirements;
- Preparing formal requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts;
- Participating in Project Reviews;
- Conducting configuration audits and configuration inspections;
- Supervising the processing and disposition of Change Requests and/or Change Proposals;
- Providing status data and maintaining a well-structured record system; acting as secretary to appropriate Boards established for the processing of changes;
- Establishing and maintaining the approval system for all documents under formal ESA control and maintaining the associated DRLs and DRDs;
- Supporting the supervision and maintenance of the documentation library and archives;
- Proposing automated methods and tools required to increase performance of configuration and documentation control tasks.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s in engineering or equivalent, or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies, or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience;
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks, knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required;
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages, including advance usage of Excel;
- Experience as user of SAP and, in particular, ECC and SRM modules (and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset;
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an assett;
- Experience in Configuration Management in Space companies/organizations;
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of the applicable ESA Configuration Management requirements and standards such as MS-ESA-RQ-100, MS-ESA RQ-108, ECSS-M40;
- Good knowledge of the specific activities and/or organization, of the applicable configuration management working procedures and support tool(s) are an asset;
- Previous experiences in fields like Product Assurance, System Engineering and Production Control are considered an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5099.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA