CMIP IPO Technical Officer/Software Engineer
- Reference UK-HP-4896
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 14 October 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a CMIP IPO Technical Officer/Software Engineer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Facilitating the connections and assisting in the support and development of the distributed infrastructure behind CMIP including model documentation, collecting and specifying community data requirements, and the development and management of tools for preparing outputs compliant with these data standards;
- Managing and maintaining Control Vocabularies (CVs), variable definitions and workflows around them;
- Making connections to the CF conventions community;
- Responding to technical queries around protocols and structures;
- Reaching out to relevant wider communities such as input4MIPs, obs4MIPs, CREATE-IP, PANGEO, Copernicus, and other emerging communities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- A minimum of a MSc level qualification or equivalent experience;
- At least five years of relevant work experience;
- Experience of software engineering practices and languages such as Python, C or Fortran, Github and version control systems;
- Adept at working remotely within geographically disparate teams;
- Expertise in working in an international environment;
- Experience of project management in a software or scientific environment is desirable;
- Experience working with climate models and climate data is desirable;
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
The CMIP IPO office is located at the ESA European Centre for Satellite Applications Technologies (ECSAT) in Harwell with flexible home working options available.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-HP-4896 before 14-Oct-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA