CMIP-IPO Science & Communications Officer
- Reference UK-HP-4884
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 14 October 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a CMIP-IPO Science & Communications Officer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing scientific support to the CMIP IPO and wider CMIP community;
- To coordinate CMIP scientific communication and outreach including communicating simulation protocols, set-ups, CMIP science questions context and CMIP model results;
- To organise and facilitate online and in person meetings, workshops, conferences, training sessions and other activities relevant to CMIP;
- To prepare CMIP administrative reports, correspondence, publications;
- To ensure CMIP is highly visible as a WCRP brand via appropriate communication and outreach tools;
- To coordinate CMIP administrative, communication and outreach activities;
- Develop content for, and contribute to the development and management of, the CMIP website and social media channels;
- Develop carbon footprint monitoring and action plan for IPO and support wider CMIP community carbon reduction goals.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Masters in climate modelling, climate or physical science or equivalent experience;
- Experience in science communication, knowledge exchange and outreach;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Familiarity with CMIP would be an asset;
- Expertise in working in an international, and virtual, environment;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Expertise in working in a remote team and utilising virtual facilitation and communication tools;
- High level of proficiency in English; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
The CMIP IPO office is located at the ESA European Centre for Satellite Applications Technologies (ECSAT) in Harwell with flexible remote working (within UK) options available. This position requires regular international travel within a commitment to limiting carbon emissions. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-HP-4884..
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA
- Recruitment Manager
- + 31 71 341 7513