- Reference NL-HP-4284
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 30 June 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Business Controller to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to the processes related to the main resources of the organizational entity (i.e. budgets, manpower, staffing), including planning, execution and follow-up of the activities and resources (budgets, manpower, missions, recharges) of the Business Unit;
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of activities and related procurement actions as relevant managed by the Business Unit and of associated progress in terms of output / schedule /resources;
- Assessment and monitoring of the status of the procurement actions using ESA Corporate and local IT Tools) including activity progress, maintenance of payment plans, correctness of financial charging, invoicing and payment;
- Implementing all administrative actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including data entry in ESA Corporate (e.g. SAP) and local application as appropriate and monitoring of financial commitments and payment milestones, invoicing, etc.;
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers;
- Assisting in the definition, preparation, implementation and maintenance of management support tools to ensure efficient execution of the related tasks;
- Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment Officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data;
- Contribution to the definition of new and improvement of existing related processes and tools and production of related documents;
- Coordinate the work of the cost controller team in the Business Development and Management Support Office and liaise with administrators in the department to ensure coherence of the internal and external administrative data;
- Coordinate implementation and operation of uniform procedures for the management and control of the Directorate’s budgets, ensuring proper coherence and quality of data;
- Support the coordination and consolidation of Business Planning and Reporting Activities in the department, in particular for Investment Projects;
- Provide expertise on Management Support Tools and continuous support to team trainings;
- Provide support to other activities within the Office to ensure consistency and continuity, and to internal and external interfaces as required.
Skills & Experience
- You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or in a relevant discipline;
- Previous experience in SAP is essential;
- Experience in Facilities Management is desirable;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noodrwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4284 before 30-Jun-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!