Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-5203
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 08 December 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. HE Space has joined forces with CS Group to lead the engineering and digital space market in Europe and to provide highly skilled consulting.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support Antenna Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna, Laboratory, including test definition and preparation, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer;
- Perform and support testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterisation facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results;
- Support the Antenna Laboratory Maintenance and Equipment Calibration activities;
- Hands-on antenna modelling and testing support to projects and ESA space missions (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation);
- Initiate and engage in testing activities aiming at enabling the Antenna Laboratory to expand its testing capabilities in view of future ESA space missions.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace or similar studies is required;
- General background in antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing (preferably in the space domain);
- Good working knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems;
- Good working knowledge on propagation of EM waves;
- Good working knowledge on measurement uncertainties on antenna parameters;
- Capability and passion for performing activities related to all aspects of radiative antenna testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way;
- Experience in maintenance and calibration of general RF antenna laboratory test equipment and instrumentation;
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset;
- Good working knowledge on latest antenna design and modelling software tools;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems;
- Good organisational skills;
- Team player;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Medina Djakova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5203.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruting for ESA