Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-24023
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 20 March 2024
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. HE Space has joined forces with CS Group to lead the engineering and digital space market in Europe and to provide highly skilled consulting.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing expert technical support to ESA projects, programmes and general studies throughout all project phases, for space antenna systems and specifically in the field of Radar antennas;
- Participating in project reviews and performing “in-house” design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Defining, initiating and monitoring R&D activities covering both longand short-term needs for space antenna systems and specifically in the field of Radar antennas;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise in space antenna systems and specifically in the field of Radar antennas.
- Hands-on antenna modelling and testing support to projects
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace or similar studies is required;
- Around 4 or more years of general background in antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing (preferably in the space domain);
- Radar architectures and technologies as applied to space;
- Knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level;
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies;
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (Ticra Tools, Ansys, CST);
- Knowledge of antenna testing processes and control software design for
antenna measurement systems;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Medina Djakova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-24023.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruting for ESA