Administrative Assistant (Temporary position)
- Reference NL-HP-5198
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 31 December 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the TIA Directorate, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Line Managers or for reply at a later time. Keeping organized records of these calls and checking closure and follow-up;
- Analyzing incoming mail (paper and e-mail) and presenting this data in an organized and prioritized manner, ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches staff to insure timely responses;
- Administering and maintaining the office documentation systems. Setting up the folder structure, registration, filing and distribution of correspondence and other documentation processed;
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel;
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail;
- Supporting the Line Managers and teams in the preparation and follow-up of administrative, organizational and contractual matters;
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail. Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations;
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organizing calendar and keeping the Line Managers informed on all issues of concern; supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects;
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taking minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit;
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements;
- Support for JCB as backup;
- Coordinating actions with other secretaries of the Department/ Division; Administrative support Coverage for other units when colleagues are on leave;
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures). For the execution of the tasks the contractor will be expected to use related ESA Corporate software tools and documentation systems;
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the teams to take actions on given issues;
- Interfacing and providing support to teams on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems;
- Coordination with Facility Management for local, on-site support (e.g. staff and contractors TUD/leaving/relocating);
- Participating to Events organization;
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary;
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
In addition to the above you may also have the following tasks:
- Support to the Project Review Process;
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material;
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g., daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list;
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading;
- Data collection, extraction from various corporate applications (e.g., SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Minimum Secondary Education;
- Administrative assistant experience at executive level and in an international context;
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes);
- A good knowledge of the various ESA tools (i.e. MAS, ESA-P) is welcomed;
- Knowledge of working methods in the space/telecommunications sector is considered an asset;
- A high level of confidentiality;
- For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is also required;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Kalina Traykova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5198.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA