Software Engineer Galileo Satellite Navigation
- Reference DE-HP-5141.
- Location Taufkirchen, Germany
- Closing date 30 September 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- As part of the Software Developer Galileo Team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- The candidate will work on Galileo system development projects and will contribute with his/her experience, independence and support the team in the maintenance and development of Airbus system analysis software;
- Support of software development for Galileo system simulation and system monitoring;
- Support of software product development in the application area for future Galileo services;
- Consistency check to development standards and adaptation of methods in the team;
- Optimisation of the engineering software to increase quality and performance;
- Organisation of software reviews with the team of software reviews with the team, compilation of lessons learnt and definition of the necessary adjustments;
- Supporting the roll-out of updated development processes and best practices in the team;
- Cataloguing of engineering assets;
- Harmonisation of best practices between different development teams Integration and verification of software units and sub-systems incl. test definition, test scenarios, execution, evaluation and reporting;
- Comprehend algorithm definitions, implement them in software terms and analyse and, if necessary, optimise existing implementations.
Skills & Experience
- You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Computer Science min. Master / Diploma degree Or Engineering at least Master's degree / Diploma programme Or Industrial Engineering min. Master / Diploma course of study IT;
- C++ and Python are prerequisites;
- Development and optimisation tools such as Jenkins, Docker, GitLab, Doxygen are an advantage;
- Fluency in English and German is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Taufkirchen.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-5141.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.