PA and Safety Support Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-24002
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 15 February 2024
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. HE Space has joined forces with CS Group to lead the engineering and digital space market in Europe and to provide highly skilled consulting.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the ESA's Project Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Manager in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme;
- Participate to manufacturing, integration and test activities, e.g. manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points (MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), test review boards (TRBs);
- Support the Risk Management and Configuration Management processes within the ESA Project Team, including the disposition of Request for Deviations and Request for Waivers (RFDs & RFWs);
- Support the PA&S Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance identification and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances;
- Assist the PA&S Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Boards - DRBs);
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and reporting on project PA status.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- At least Master level (or equivalent) in a relevant technical or scientific discipline (e.g. Space system engineering);
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Good communication and technical writing skills with capabilities to synthesise;
- Good organisation skills;
- Methodical and proactive, with initiative and capability to work autonomously;
- Problem-solving and creativity-oriented attitude;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
This job is located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Kalina Traykova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-24002.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA