Wave Interaction & Propagation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4508
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 08 May 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Wave Interaction & Propagation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to Earth Observation projects in the field of microwave (active and passive) remote sensing of natural surfaces (land and sea) and of atmosphere: wave interaction, data processing, retrieval algorithms and performance assessment;
- Support to internal activities and projects in the field of microwave propagation in the atmosphere: theoretical and empirical modeling, and related analysis of impact on telecom, navigation or data downlink for Earth Observation and Space Exploration missions;
- R&D in related fields;
- Support to the experimental facility.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree in a related discipline;
- Background in the physics and/or engineering of microwave interaction with natural environment;
- Experience with microwave remote sensing observation concepts;
- Experience with microwave atmosphere propagation models;
- Good programming skills;
- Previous experience with experimental instruments (e.g. ground microwave radiometers) is considered an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4508.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!