Wave Interaction & Propagation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4037
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 31 March 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Wave Interaction & Propagation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support to Earth Observation projects in the field of microwave (active and passive) remote sensing of natural surfaces (land and sea) and of atmosphere: wave interaction, data processing, retrieval algorithms and performance assessment;
- Support to internal activities and projects in the field of microwave propagation in the atmosphere : theoretical and empirical modelling, and related analysis of impact on telecom, navigation or data downlink for Earth Observation and Space Exploration missions R&D in related fields;
- Support to the experimental facility.
Skills & Experience
- A university degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline;
- Background in the physics and/or engineering of microwave interaction with natural environment;
- Experience with microwave remote sensing observation concepts and microwave atmosphere propagation models;
- Good programming skills;
- Previous experience with experimental instruments (e.g. ground microwave radiometers) is considered an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from 16th of April 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 31-Mar-19 quoting job NL-HP-4037.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!