UVNS Scientific Consultant
- Reference DEB-HP-3407
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 28 February 2017
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Scientific Consultant to support our customer in Germany.
UVNS Scientific Consultant
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Atmospheric Composition Team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Development of algorithms for calibration of UVNS level 0 data;
- Taking into account the constraints imposed by the final goal of implementation of the products within an operational processing system;
- Development of prototype software code for the purposes of testing and validating the algorithms developed;
- Development of an instrument performance model based on specifications to be provided by industry;
- Generation of test data required for the verification of the algorithm and products;
- Generation of associated documentation including test data descriptions, Product Generation Specification (PGS), Product Format Specifications (PFS), technical reports etc;
- Interfacing with experts across teams as needed;
- Collaboration with expert groups and the wider scientific community outside the company as appropriate.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field;
- Experience in atmospheric remote sensing in the optical spectrum (Ultraviolet to Shortwave Infrared);
- Experience with instrument calibration and characterization;
- Familiarity with Earth observation systems in operational meteorology, atmospheric composition and climate monitoring (both remote sensing and in situ systems);
- Handling and processing of remote sensing data;
- Familiarity with radiative transfer;
- Good skills in a higher programming language (e.g. Fortran, C++, Java) ;
- Quality control of satellite data and products, product processing environments;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt, Germany. We welcome applicants who are available from April-2017 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Veronika Horvath at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job DEB-HP-3407 before 23-02-2017.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.