- Reference NL-HP-4798
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 26 May2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a TT&C Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the TT&C & PDT Systems & Techniques Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Participation to the Concurrent Design Facility work including mission analysis;
- Support to studies and analyses of techniques and technologies for Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) and Payload Data Transmission (PDT) systems, including in particular: modulation, error correction coding, combined (adaptive) modulation/coding, signal synchronisation, digital signal processing, RF/microwave technologies;
- Technical support for the development of TT&C and PDT equipment and subsystems;
- Assessing end-to-end TT&C and PDT systems including system level design, (dynamic) link budget assessment, and data flow analysis including interaction between different link layers and between transponder/transmitter and avionics equipment;
- Assessment of related encryption and authentication functions;
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of TT&C / PDT systems and equipment;
- Generation of technical requirements and statements of work for TT&C / PDT related activities;
- Technical support for standardisation activity in the frame of European ECSS and CCSDS;
- Support to ESA projects from early conceptual phase to launch preparation.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s or PhD degree in Telecommunication or Electrical engineering;
- +4 years of relevant work experience;
- Work experience in the field of satellite TT&C and PDT systems is required;
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming languages, telecommunication standards particularly in the area of TT&C and Telemetry, digital signal processing theory applied to communication systems and simulation tools is required;
- Familiarity with TT7C transponders, Payload Data Transmitters (for Earth Observation) and other spacecraft sub-systems technology design and testing is an asset, as is knowledge on TT%C spaceflight hardware development;
- Knowledge on satellite telecommunication systems based on optical technology is and asset;
- Knowledge on Authentication and Encryption schemes as plied to TT&C/PDT systems, in addition to cyber security aspects, is also an asset;
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Tobias Bruns, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4798 before 26-May-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA