Thermal & Mechanical Testing Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4268
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 08 May 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Thermal & Mechanical Testing Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Thermal Analysis and Verification Section of ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small-scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL). He/she will be involved in all activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the direct supervision of the Head of the Laboratory;
- Support the development and the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with ISO 17025 for operational work and shall support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities;
- Make regular progress reports;
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or an equivalent qualification;
- Strong background in environmental testing and thermal verification;
- Proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians;
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 quality systems;
- Proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance & calibration & data acquisition;
- Knowledge and practical experience of thermal/mechanical testing of space equipment, associated measurement techniques, and vacuum technologies are important assets.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noorwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from May 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Leandros Foteinias, clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4268 before 08-May-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!