Thermal System Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-3934
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 25 October 2018
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Thermal Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Directorate at ESTEC , you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Agency in the thermal engineering (design, analysis and verification area) related to the sections thermal control activities;
- Provide support to ESA projects, including CDF activities, interface with the project team,
- Interface with the industrial team, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions;
- Support the thermal control activities (project support and R&D activities) of the Section;
- Build geometrical and thermal models, perform relevant analyses, evaluate critically the results and issue relevant documentation covering all work performed;
- Support the maintenance and upgrading of thermal mathematical models;
- Support thermal verification test campaigns for ongoing ESA projects by performing/reviewing test procedures, test predictions and test correlations and attend the tests if required.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline;
- Very good background and experience in thermal modelling and analysis as well as thermal spacecraft design and verification;
- Very good background and knowledge of spacecraft system aspects;
- Background and experience with the Agency’s thermal analysis tools, e.g. ESATAN-TMS;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Elisa Manfreda at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job NL-HP-3934 before 25-Oct-18.