Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer
- Reference UK - HP - 4357
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 28 September 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Space Segment Section at ESA/ECSAT, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the initiation of activities related to technology and product development for payload applications;
- Support the establishment and control of relevant ESA specifications and general documentation;
- Evaluation, support to negotiation, monitoring and control of development contracts and activities;
- Preparation of inputs to status reports;
- Contribute to the preparation of technology and product work plans;
- Support other members of the TIA-TTP section on their projects and share expertise within the section;
- Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication;
- Cooperate with specialists in other ESA departments;
- Identify any issues during the procurement phase, the running or closing of an activity, and flag them for attention in a timely manner;
- Support the timely preparation of papers for Adjudication meetings or Delegate bodies (IPC, JCB), with high quality standards;
- Provide inputs for the Department Business Intelligence system;
- Support TIA communication activities in line with the ESA TIA Communication Policy rules;
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures;
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the ESA Security Directives.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master or PhD degree or equivalent qualification in engineering and experience in payload technology and products for telecommunication satellites;
- General experience with the design, analysis, qualification, testing and implementation of satellite payload equipment for telecommunication satellites, with substantial experience in one or more of the following:
- management of development contracts for satellite payload equipment;
- design, development and/or exploitation of antenna and RF units, such as: low noise amplifiers; channel amplifiers and linearisers; power amplifiers; frequency converters; digital signal processors;
- A sound knowledge of multiple different types of payload equipment and their functions at payload level is desirable;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-HP-4357 before 28-Sep-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!