Telecommunications System Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4053
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 22 April 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Telecommunications System Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Telecommunications team at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the ESA ScyLight Programme Manager in coordinating ESA internal studies and preparing the associated documentation;
- Support the ScyLight Programme in organizing the phase A/B system requirements review and preliminary design review as well as lower level technical reviews;
- Support the definition of technology activities or additional technical studies in preparation of the next phase of the programme in the appropriate areas of competence;
- Supporting the project preparation, implementation and managing of industrial activities in the area of optical communications;
- Assessment of new concepts and techniques to be applied to the next generation telecommunication systems for both space and ground segment.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Degree level qualification and relevant experience in aerospace or telecommunications;
- Experience in optical technologies (space and/or terrestrial);
- Relevant experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation and operations, and associated management experience;
- Proven capabilities in preparation of programmatic frameworks requiring system and strategic thinking;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from May 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Natalia Grajek firstname.lastname@example.org via the website www.hespace.com/vacancies, ASAP but no later than 19-Apr-19 quoting job NL-HP-4053.