Technology Transfer Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4654
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 08 December 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Technology Transfer Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the ESA Technology Transfer and Patent Management Unit, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing and promoting the use of space technologies outside the space field and implementing related demonstration activities in coordination with the Technology Program Office;
- Accompanying technology development from its inception to assess and support later technology transfer and support spin-in technical assessment;
- Coordinating the technical support to technology transfer activities, in particular demonstrators;
- Acting as the Secretariat for the Patents Group managing all aspects related to the ESA patents portfolio in accordance with the Patents Group mandate;
- Promoting the utilization of ESA’s patents portfolio;
- Supporting the commercialization of ESA IPR outside the space domain;
- Assessment of the technical key benefits of the technologies developed under ESA contracts and ESA patents, and how these are matching with technical needs (through calls, harmonization dossiers, Contract Closure Documentations, etc.);
- Building technology/know-how descriptions stemming out of ESA R&D activities, patent, etc;
- Hands on technical and engineering support;
- Technology transfer and engineering project support;
- Carrying our landscaping and monitoring of patents;
- Develop TTPO’s network of industry and technology transfers offices;
- Contribute to other activities of the TTP as required.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master in Engineering in a space relevant technical field;
- At least 4 years of working experience (in space field, is an asset);
- Track record in technology consulting or work in projects;
- Diplomas or previous experience in relevant areas such as technology transfer and/or technology assessment and intellectual property would also be an asset;
- Familiarity with the services provided by ESA and TTP would be an asset;
- Understanding the needs and expectations of the TTP and the mission of the European Space Agency would be an advantage;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4654 before 08-Dec-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA